Not doing enough drawing lately. Going to fix that this weekend.
PLACES YOU SHOULD NEVER KISS
1. In a Men’s Warehouse, not the suit store. A warehouse where they make lousy men.
2. Conservative foam party. Not right wing conservative, conservative as in the soap is rationed so no one gets too fucky.
3. On the Peter Pan ride at Disneyland. Don’t kiss while fake flying. Notice how you move over the darkness. Pay attention to tiny London. Tiny London is paying attention to you!
4. At a gun range after happy hour. Everyone you love is one bad joke away from leaving you for good.
5. In a city that doesn’t get its own jokes.
6. Um. Never kiss someone who is searching for a word and tells you they are blanking. They will think you are putting words in their mouth. It’s much worse.
7. In front of someone in Malibu with a sense of humor.
8. Inside of a literal white Russian. It must break you.
9. At a vegan BBQ while everyone compares the glisten of their fake meat sweats around the L.E.D. campfire, embracing the future, embracing a lack of joy until that becomes joy. Do not kiss them until they admit they are meat.
10. In a gay western seafood bar called Fish and Chaps.
11. You should never kiss someone who is trying to enjoy a churro. A churro is just a donut with a boner.
Four Flat Favorites Series: Album Covers
This is part 2 of a series I am working on (I have no idea how many parts there will be right now). The basis for the series is to illustrate four of my favorite “things” in the style of flat design.
I’m thinking of making shirt of these available on the society6 store.
Alison Bechdel, 54, Bolton, Vt.
Cartoonist and graphic memoirist
The innovative comic artist known for the graphic memoirs “Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic” and “Are You My Mother” is at an artist residency in Italy and initially didn’t pick up the phone when the MacArthur Foundation called. When the phone rang again, she figured it must be important. “It was crazy,” she said. “It was a little garbled, then I heard the person on the other end say the words MacArthur Foundation, and the world started spinning.”
Umm, he’ll yes!
Yes yes yes